Purslane flowers - a great option for a flower garden
Even the most inexperienced gardener will be able to decorate his flower garden with such a plant as purslane flowers. For decorative purposes, large-flowered purslane with creeping strongly branched stems reaching a height of 15-20 cm is most often used.
It blooms with single flowers, which are simple, double or semi-double, located at the ends of the stems. Their diameter is 3-6 cm, and the color range is distinguished by a rich variety of colors and shades. Its flowering begins in June. However, if the temperature suddenly drops to 6-8 degrees, it will stop blooming, freezing in anticipation of warm days. Flowering continues until frost.
Purslane flowers have a number of their own characteristics, namely:
- differs in thermophilicity and drought resistance;
- endlessly needs sunlight: the slightest shading and its buds close (with the exception of terry purslane);
- unpretentiousness in cultivation: it grows excellently on ordinary garden or garden land (sandy, dry, up to stony soil is also suitable), the only condition is its sufficient looseness;
- minimal watering is enough for him;
- does not need fertilizers, pest protection, pruning;
- on excessively fertile soil, purslane is characterized by good growth, but poor flowering;
- propagates by seed, but can be grown by seedlings.