Flowers similar to peonies: useful information about their cultivation
Peony is a noble perennial plant. It is loved by many gardeners due to its low exactingness.
Today there are a large number of colors that very similar to peonies... These flowers are similar to peonies not only in appearance, but also in the peculiarities of caring for them.
The main ones include:
- Peony rose.
The peony rose has a very similar shape to the peony.
Moreover, this flower is distinguished by a variety of colors and a pleasant aroma. These plants are characterized by unpretentious care, resistance to various diseases and pests.
- Before as plant roses, the soil must be fertilized with compost or manure.
- The hole for the rose must be dug deep enough, as this plant has a sufficiently developed root system that requires a lot of space.
- Before planting roses, their roots are treated with a special preparation, with the help of which their growth is significantly accelerated.
- It is necessary to fertilize a peony rose three times a year: in spring (plant feeding), in the middle of summer (using nitrogen fertilizers) and during bud formation (phosphorus-calcium fertilizers).
Watering these plants is necessary as the soil dries out.
At the same time, no more than 5 liters of water must be poured onto one bush. Pruning of peony roses is done in early spring, which contributes to very good budding. And at the end of autumn, it is necessary to cut off shoots that have not ripened. For the winter, peony roses must be covered. For this, straw or spruce branches are used.
Ranunculus is also called a peony buttercup.
Reproduction of this plant is done by tubers. The possibility of reproduction of this flower by seeds is provided, but this is a rather laborious process, which is explained by the rather low similarity of seeds. This flower must be planted in April. Before this, the tubers must be placed in wet sawdust for several hours. In order for the tubers not to rot, they must be treated with a special preparation before planting. Ranunculus prefers loose and fertile soil.
Before planting this plant, you need to choose a sunny place, which is characterized by a moderate level of humidity.
Otherwise, the flower may die. Ranunculus is very easy to care for. Watering this flower is necessary as the soil dries. Before the flower begins to bloom, it needs to be provided with organic fertilizers. During the flowering of this plant, it is necessary to remove the faded flowers in a timely manner. Thanks to this procedure, you can not only preserve the beautiful appearance of the plant, but also significantly extend its flowering period.
It is strictly forbidden for this plant to overwinter in the ground.
Ranunculus does not tolerate low temperatures and dies. That is why the tubers of the flower must be dug up in the fall and stored in sawdust throughout the winter. It is necessary to dig up the tubers immediately after its tubers turn yellow.Otherwise, the flower may not survive wintering.
Carnation looks very similar to some varieties of peony... It differs from this flower in size. Carnation has slightly smaller dimensions. Carnation does not like the sun, so when planting it, you must choose a slightly shaded area.
- This plant is fed only once a year.
- Before planting carnations, you must choose a soil that contains the required amount of calcium.
- Cloves also do not tolerate excessive moisture, so it is best to choose a place on a hill when planting it.
- After the carnation has faded, you can cut it off.
- In this case, it is necessary to leave the pagons, the height of which is 12-17 centimeters.
- If you do this, then the carnation will bloom again by the end of summer.
- Carnation from seeds multiplies, the landing of which must be done in May.
In order to restore the full flowering of a carnation, it is necessary to transplant it every 5-7 years.
Peony rose, ranunculus and carnation are flowers that not only look like peonies. These plants, like peonies, are unpretentious to care for. They require moderate watering and timely pruning. A peony rose and a carnation, like peonies, are able to fully endure the conditions of winter, so they do not need to be hidden for the winter.
All of these plants require pruning after flowering and do not tolerate excessive moisture.
In addition, all these flowers are very similar to each other in the form of buds. Thanks to this, you can beautifully and organically refine the flower bed. Many gardeners will be able to appreciate the design of a flower bed with buds that are similar in shape, which differ in size and color.
More information can be found in the video.