Asparagus beans: varieties and secrets of growing
Asparagus beans are a very healthy food product. Pods that are not yet ripe are eaten.
Asparagus beans have a large number of varieties... The most popular of them are such varieties as "Caramel", "Oil King", "Saksa 615".
"Caramel" belongs to the category of early varieties:
- This plant is able to fully mature in just 60 days.
- The fruit has a sweet-sugar taste.
- This variety is classified as an upright plant. This makes it much easier to care for the asparagus beans.
- The value of this plant is given by the delicacy structure of the long blades, as well as the absence of fibers.
- The variety of this plant is quite resistant to a variety of diseases, which allows you to harvest a full harvest.
Variety "Oil King":
- Belongs to the category of bush plants.
- It takes only 50 days from the rise of the asparagus bean to harvest.
- This plant has tubular fruits that are up to 25 centimeters long.
- The fruits of this plant are characterized by the presence delicate gourmet taste.
- The fruits of this plant can be used not only for cooking various dishes, but also for canning.
Variety "Saksa 615":
- Belongs to the category of bush plants, the height of which does not exceed 40 centimeters.
- It has tubular and even fruits, which are about 12 centimeters long.
- This bean variety is characterized by an increased capacity of vitamins and sugars.
- The value of this variety of green beans is provided by the absence of fibers.
Also among the bush varieties of beans is the "Deer King" variety, which has a white and very tasty grain.
The exclusivity of this variety is given by the possibility of obtaining two harvests per season. Variety "Fana" belongs to the category of low-growing bush plants, which are ideal for both canning and cooking a variety of dishes.
A rather original variety of bush beans is the Royal Purple Pod variety. This plant is characterized by a pink and white coloration that resembles a tiger coloration. In addition, this variety has a very pleasant and delicate taste.
There are curly asparagus beans, the most popular of which are:
Curly beans "Golden Nectar":
- Refers to early maturing varieties... It takes about 70 days from its sunrises to harvest.
- The bean pod is yellow in color, tubular in shape, the length of which reaches 25 centimeters.
- This plant must be provided with reliable support, due to its large mass.
- The fruits of this plant can be used both for the preparation of various dishes and for canning.
"Winner" variety of asparagus beans:
- During the flowering period, it is often confused with an ornamental plant, since it has a rather attractive appearance.
- The value of this plant is given by its high yield and lack of fibers.
- This variety has flat pods that are capable of reaching 30 centimeters in length.
- This variety of beans is characterized by resistance to a variety of diseases, which does not give a lot of trouble during its cultivation.
- Refers to mid-season and high-yielding varieties.
- The fruits of this plant ripen 50 days after planting seeds in the ground.
- The originality of this plant is given by the purple color of the pods. They have a rather delicate and delicious taste, which gives the variety a special value.
- The pods are smooth and tubular. The pods are about 15 centimeters long.
Blau Hilde is also quite popular among gardeners. It is characterized by a high level of productivity, and the height of its bush can reach 5 meters. "Golden Nectar" belongs to the early productive varieties of beans. Full maturation of this plant occurs 60 days after planting. The fruits of this plant have white seeds.
The Ad Rem variety of asparagus beans is quite unique.
It has a lilac-pink grain color, as well as a very pleasant mushroom smell. The Akito asparagus bean variety is characterized by the presence of black grain and a delicate mushroom aroma. This plant is not damaged by various diseases and pests, which greatly simplifies growing process.
Asparagus beans are enough useful culture, which made many people grow it in their gardens. Growing this plant is quite simple. Its landing is carried out in open ground. Asparagus beans are propagated in one of the most reliable ways - by seeds.
Seeds are harvested in autumn and planted in spring.
- It is necessary to plant seeds in well-warmed soil. The soil temperature when planting this plant should be at least + 10 degrees. In order to ensure fast and full-fledged shoots of beans, it needs to provide a soil temperature of + 20 degrees.
- Seedlings of asparagus beans are characterized by a fairly high level of sensitivity to frost. Under the influence of low temperatures, they immediately die. That is why the planting of this plant is carried out at the end of May or at the beginning of June.
- During germination, asparagus bean seedlings bring out thick cotyledons to the surface of the earth, which requires planting them in loose soil. With dense soil, the seedlings will not be able to perform this action. It is best to plant this plant after Luke, cucumbers, potatoes, tomato, beets or carrots.
- This plant responds very well to a variety of organic fertilizers that are applied in the fall. In spring, wood ash or rotted compost can be used as fertilizer.
- Mineral fertilizers are also very often used, which have a beneficial effect on the growth and development of the plant. Fertilize this plant also necessary in the summer season (no more than two times).
Immediately after sprouting, the beans need to be regularly loosened and watered.
After the seedlings grow up, the loose soil must be mulched, which will retain moisture and have a beneficial effect on the harvest. For this purpose, you can use cut grass. Mulching is necessary before the beans bloom. After the asparagus beans have bloomed, you just need to maintain optimum soil moisture.
Asparagus beans come in a wide variety of varieties. Despite such a large variety, absolutely all asparagus bean bushes are characterized by a high yield, as well as the absence of difficulties in growing.
More information can be found in the video.