Home flower "male happiness": reproduction, planting and care
The study of the flora of the mysterious African and American continent has led botanists to the discovery of many interesting plant species. Having spread all over the world, the flowers took their rightful place on the windowsills and received a different name, different from the botanical classification. This is how the "lady's happiness" or "male happiness" plant appeared.
The place of growth of the flower "male happiness", or anthurium, are considered the tropical territories of South America, the foothills of the Andes, the Cordillera. An exotic plant was discovered by the naturalist Edouard André, who tried to introduce the flower to the population of Europe. Anthurium shrubs can now be found in parks and city gardens. A potted plant is widespread in our country. It is called "male happiness", considering that the energy of the plant has a positive effect on men.
- Features of the structure of the flower
- Breeding methods and planting
- Care Tips
- All about flower transplant
- Plant diseases and pests
The structure of the home flower is bushy. The perennial has several thickened shoots, decorated with leaves in the shape of a heart or a shovel with a dissected plate or whole. There are species with rounded leaves.
By color, a flower is distinguished with green leaves of a dark or light shade. On the surface, veins are clearly distinguishable, differing in color or tone saturation. The leaves are long and reach up to 10-20 centimeters.
The anthurium flower is a yellowish ear with a bracts of red, white, brown, sometimes purple tones.
The colored veil is similar in structure to a leaf, but due to the variety of the palette, it is the main decoration of "male happiness". As anthurium belongs to epiphytes, and in nature it attaches to tree trunks, then it is easy to find the rudiments of aerial roots in a domestic flower. Breeders have bred many varieties of plants, differing in the height of the bush, the structure of leathery leaves, the color of the bracts and cobs.
The main methods of reproduction of anthurium:
- You can propagate a home flower "male happiness" in different ways, the main of which is dividing a bush... The procedure is carried out during a flower transplant. Having pulled the bush out of the pot, they divide it into two or three parts with their hands so that there is a growing point on each specimen. The bushes are planted in separate containers and placed in places where the direct rays of the sun do not fall. While the plants take root, they must be watered abundantly. An excellent material for the reproduction of anthurium are lateral shoots, which gradually overgrow the bush. They are carefully separated by removing the entire flower from the pot.
- Another breeding method is grafting... To prepare the material, cuttings up to 10 centimeters long are harvested. After drying the cut in air, place the shoot in a container with water. As soon as the roots appear, place the cutting in the ground. The process can be accelerated by creating greenhouse conditions by covering the escape from above with a plastic bag.
- You can propagate the flower "male happiness" by a leaf.A green leaf is cut off, without damage, twisted into a tube, secured with an elastic band or tied with a woolen thread. It remains to insert the sheet into the peat and moss substrate. It is better to cover the top with a glass jar and leave in a warm place for 20-23 days. In this case, the sheet does not need light. As soon as a sprout appears from the soil, the jar is removed. And a month later, the shoot is transplanted to a permanent place.
- Anthurium is also propagated by seeds by placing them in moist soil. The first shoots appear in 15 days. After the formation of the third leaf, the seedlings dive into separate containers with a diameter of 10 centimeters.
For planting a flower, a soil mixture is prepared from two parts of humus, one part of peat and leaf soil. For looseness, add a little coarse sand. Charcoal or broken brick makes the soil more permeable to moisture and air. For 1 kilogram of soil substrate, 100 grams of drainage is enough.
A home flower does not need spacious containers, otherwise the soil will become sour and the plant will not bloom. The best place in the room for anthurium is considered to be window sills, where there is less sunlight and more air. In cramped conditions, the flower does not like to grow, and is afraid of drafts. In hot summer it is necessary to shade "male happiness", protecting the leaves from burns. If comfortable conditions are created for the plant, then it blooms constantly.
Anthurium refers to picky plants in terms of care:
- The bush is watered often, up to two to three times a week, and sprayed every day. In order not to waterlogging the soil in the pot, it is necessary to check what the top layer is before watering. If it begins to dry out, then it is urgent to moisturize. They take soft water for irrigation, so do not forget to defend it for several days. You can increase the humidity with damp pebbles or mossplaced on a pallet. The leaves should secrete liquid, "cry", which indicates sufficient moisture for the flower.
- Leaves require daily wiping with a damp cloth or shower. At the same time, water should not get on the blanket with the cob, otherwise they will be covered with spots.
- A tropical perennial loves heat, for it even 18 degrees of heat is not enough. You can raise the air temperature around the flower "male happiness" by installing an incandescent lamp next to it.
- From fertilizers, anthurium needs both minerals and organic matter, especially from March to September. Can be used as a top dressing mullein infusions in a ratio of 1: 6 or bird droppings - 1:12. The plant is fed twice a month. In winter, both the frequency of watering and the amount of feeding are reduced.
Improper care will lead to a delay in the growth of anthurium, a lack of flowers, the appearance of spots on the leaves.
Home flower "man's happiness" needs a transplant every year or every other year. At the same time, a pot is selected, two or three centimeters larger in diameter than the previous one. At the beginning of the procedure, a bush is spilled abundantly and pulled out of the pot. The roots are cleaned of clods of earth carefully, trying not to damage the fragile root system... You can rinse the roots under running water. If damage is found on them, then this part of the root system should be removed.
It is important to disinfect both the soil and the pot before the procedure in order to avoid the appearance of fungal infections.
Then the roots are placed in a growth stimulant solution for two hours. At this time, expanded clay and soil substrate are poured into the disinfected pot. A hole is made in the center and a bush is placed there, sprinkling the roots with earth. After watering, when the soil settles, add more nutrient mixture.
Together with the transplant, the reproduction of anthurium is also carried out. Precautions must be taken during the procedure, since the plant is weakly poisonous. Protect your hands, avoiding skin irritation, with rubber gloves.
At the heart of disease anthurium the wrong care of the flower lies.Watering with cold water or a lot of light will lead to stains on the leaves, yellowing them. Fungi that cause the appearance of mold and rot on parts of the "male happiness" flower are eliminated by transplanting. During the procedure, the roots are disinfected with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. After transplanting, the weakened plant is organized with an inflow of fresh air and top dressing.
The flower "male happiness" is attacked by pests:
- Orange aphids infect both leaves and flowers. As a result of depletion by the parasite, the plant begins to wither. Aphid attacks can be avoided by constant examination of the stems and leaves, isolating diseased specimens in time. Preparations Aktara, Actellik can protect against aphids. From folk remedies, an infusion of makhorka is effective. It is prepared from 40 grams of tobacco and a liter of boiling water. Scares away aphids smell geraniums.
- The scabbard is distinguished from other pests by the presence of a protective shell. Parasites live on leaves, stems, causing them to dry out and fall off. You can get rid of the insect by washing the leaves with an alcohol solution or soap. Of insecticidal preparations, Fitoverm, Aktellik are used.
- Thrips they are also eliminated by spraying with a solution of laundry or tar soap.
All problems with anthurium arise as a result of illiterate care, improper creation of growing conditions.
More information can be found in the video: